Book Marketing Advent Calendar – Day 1 – Partner with other authors to create a package deal
I have long been a proponent of the Power of the Group. It’s why I took over hosting the Phoenix Publishing & Book Promotion Meetup, where I blog monthly on this very topic. The Power of the Group lies in the sharing of the work, the effort, the expenses – and book marketing is an excellent place to put this to work.
Our Day 1 tip for the 2015 Book Marketing Advent Calendar comes straight out of this theory:
Partner your way to success.
Reach out to several other authors – in your genre or an allied one (e.g., a YA author partnering with several children’s authors) – and offer multiple books as a bundle for a discount price.
- In order for this to work, it’s important to research your partners ahead of time. They don’t have to be authors you already know in person, but they do need to be people you can trust to hold up their end of the bargain.
- Decide how many books you will offer.
- Decide what the discount bundled price will be.
- Come up with a catch name for the promotion. A logo would be great, too.
- Determine how long you will run this promotion.
- Write out some turn-key tweets and Facebook posts you can all use to promote this special.
- Promote this special on Goodreads and through each author’s blog.
- Each author should take a picture of all the books together (if they are print books) and post it to Instagram and/or Pinterest. Make a collage of the covers if they are ebooks.
- Each author should make a short video promoting the special to post to YouTube and/or your various social networks.
- Don’t forget your email list! Send a note to your list, advising them about the special. Be sure to ask them to share the news with their contacts.
Get a group together and leverage the power each of you can bring to the party. Wishing you success and prosperity this holiday season!
We welcome and encourage your thoughtful, courteous comments below.
Join the Holiday Author Event to get maximal exposure for your book(s) right before the holidays!